Sunday, January 27, 2008

this week we won't be having Sunday night dinner - because of other plans - but it will resume next Sunday February 3rd. The menu: Chicken Soup with Wild Rice and Sourdough Cheese Herb Scones. For dessert, homemade ice cream.
i am beginning to connect with individuals in the Kidron area that are either artists or trying to live their lives making choices towards sustainability and simple living. I am thrilled. Friday I spent a few hours with Joanne Lehman at her home. She is in the Ashland University MFA program with a concentration on poetry. I had sent her a few of my poems. We sat with tea and discussed the artistic life, gardening, poetry and finding balance. I left with a sense of awe at this connection. I hope to continue to connect in this way.
today i am stopping to visit with Sue Steiner. she is a local artist: painter, and mixed media artists from what i understand. the Kidron arts blog was started by Sue who is trying to connect local artists and creative souls. i look forward to what my arise in our sharing.


A hand reaching
from another world
pours tea into
my cup.
-Yorifumi Yaguchi

2 comments:

Free Rein Art Studio said...

Mary Ruth,

I enjoyed your visit and getting to know you. I am intigued now by the book you mentioned in your previous post. I hope all my yakking didn't keep you from that on Sunday! :) I look forward to getting to know you better and am also excited for our art and sustainable agriculture community here in Kidron. Take care and keep writing. You are as gifted with words as you are with clay!

Free Rein Art Studio said...

Hi Mary Ruth! Me again. :) Just stopping in to let you know you've been 'tagged'. You can read details on my blog. Take care!