Sunday, September 21, 2008

The journey to Ohio was completed in two days. One day from Ely, MN to Goshen, IN with a good meal to end the day and a celebration with friends at Constant Springs. Day two was spent driving from Goshen, IN to Kidron, OH and planning a surprise dinner for my fiance Mark, who was expecting my arrival at a later date. What fun to plan, to surprise, and to love. Now it has been a week. The past week was full of reunions, celebration of relationships, and a reorientation to this tiny part of the huge, huge world. Sunday I went for a walk in the woods at the Kidron Park and was amazed to see so much diversity growing and thriving on the land. Berries - bright red, fungi of all colors, shapes and textures and birds soaring and birds singing. Transitions always consist of energy output and energy input and can feel draining at times. I am grateful for this past week of slowness, of honoring relationship over work, of celebrating the small, beautiful images of love and of awakening to the reality of my life here.

Tonight i worked on my pottery wheel for the first time in over a year - and it was good. My body and soul experienced a deep coming home tonight, and i look forward to what will come as the studio continues to get worked on and gets worked in. Thank you to my family and friends who hold the vision of life, of creativity and of soul work.

I will add some photos both from my walk in the woods and from the pottery studio soon. I also offer a quote from Albert Einstein - a glistening truth - a call to awareness, a call to generosity and a call to community. ..


"From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that we are here for the sake of each other - above all for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of my fellow men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received. "- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

No comments: