Saturday, June 21, 2008

A lot has been happening since i last posted. I want to write soon about the foxes that have been filling my thoughts and heart - but want to do this when i am not tired and can be more thoughtful about what i write. I spent 7 days out in the BWCAW with the summer staff at Wilderness Wind. It was a good week of journeying into the role of a trip leader, journeying as a community of staff but also as a broader community of life, and also journeying into the spiritual aspect of wilderness travel. We have a small staff this summer at Wilderness Wind but they are gifted and will do well.
We returned from staff trip on Monday the 16th and have been working around camp since then- preparing for our first group doing a wide variety of projects. Cleaning, cooking, mowing, making phone calls, fixing paddles and canoes, seam sealing tents, and much more. Everyone is moving into the work with solid energy and we are getting much done.
I spent some time on Friday running errands in town (Ely) and had a great time connecting with folks in town. I visited with my friends at the Front Porch Coffee and Tea Company and stopped in to see Sue at Ledge Rock Pottery. She blessed me beyond measure. I had given her a mug that i made as a thank you last year, and i hadn't been in to see her yet this season. When i stopped in, she came to the gallery from her studio carrying a mug that looked very familiar. I bought 25 lbs of clay from her and made some comment like, "it is so good to see someone actually using a mug I made." and her comment was, "i love this mug, i use it almost every day." These words were a verbal hug- and a real encouragement. Thank you Sue.
I'll share a few photos from staff trip and then sign off. I'll be back to share from the wisdom of the fox.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully my art will be of some interest too.
Ping Dekstop / Laptop Wallpapers
http://screenfonds.blogspot.com/
Peter Ingestad, Solna

West Valley Worship Team said...

Wow, I'm looking at your pictures and really envying you. What I would give to go up there again soon. I would love to take may family up there someday. How are things going?

abax said...

beautiful pictures.